Ore Body Visualization and Processability Prediction
“Bitumen extraction involves the complex interaction of mineralogical and chemical components. Embedded within those interactions is the key to achieving peak performance in the extraction process. OreInsight helps you discover and use this key element.”
This begins by first understanding how an ore will process at the extraction stage, regardless of the extraction process. At both a strategic and tactical level, accurate analysis of incoming ore leads to the insight needed to keep the extraction process running, improve efficiency, and ultimately lower the cost of every output unit produced. This analysis may be from conventional ore processing knowledge, or may be enhanced by statistical results found by Discover*e.
- Builds a traversable 3-D map showing the composition of each core sample
- Predicts the performance of each sampled block
- Indexes the map according to customizable performance indicators
- Calculates the overall effect of combining ore from multiple shovel loads
- Exposes the hidden patterns and relationships between critical performance factors
- Evolves with accumulating process data to become more insightful as the mine matures
Given a set of core sample records, OreInsight converts this analytical, geologic and/or processing data to descriptors that
- 1) Clarify the complex relationships between process factors, and
- 2) Classify the ore body and predict behaviour based on statistically verifiable patterns.
The prediction can be based on different processability models – for example you might want to maximize ore extraction rate over a period of time, or you may wish to maximize total ore extracted regardless of the rate of extraction, depending on the age and nature of the specific ore deposit.