Performance-Monitoring Software for Delayed Coking Process
“A tool that generates standard operating curves for user-defined key performance indicators (KPI) in a delayed coking environment.”
Companies with complex industrial processes have made significant investment in plant automation projects including distributed control systems and process historians such as OSIsoft PI to support process monitoring and control. While they collect and archive huge volumes of data on a daily basis, many struggle with how to exploit this data to improve performance.
The Standard Curve Generator provides target operating conditions for selected KPI’s and different feedstocks based upon historical performance. Users can adjust the target curves if more optimal conditions are discovered.
Coking Insight allows users to:
- Leverage their historical data
- Visualize performance problems before reaching critical thresholds
- Measure operator effectiveness to control the process
- Determine economic impact of control variables by linking to energy consumption
The Real Time Monitoring and Control (RTMC) component allows dynamic comparison of real-time and historical performance. Operators are alerted to deteriorating conditions, and trend predictions give immediate feedback of potential problems before they occur.
- Standard Operating Curve Generator, based upon selected historical performance
- Curve modification feature to allow for design changes, etc
- Real time notification of potential unwanted issues using trend prediction
- Reports co-ordinating real time production info with ERP systems data
- Ability to combine sensors for new KPI calculation and definition